Monday, November 5, 2012

Master Bedroom (Part 3 of 3)

To see part 1 click here
To see part 2 click here

We are finally finished with our little area of the house!! There's still a few thing that need to be done, so I'm sure I'll be back with another update sometime in the future.

To coordinate with our bedroom area, we went with the yellow walls in the living room area as well.  We actually had someone come in and paint for us since we've been busy with a 2 year old and a 3 month old ;) He's awesome and got it knocked out in 2 days (if you want the recommendation, let me know!).  We already have him booked for sometime in December to start our kitchen renovation, which I'm really excited about.  Anyways, back to the bedroom...

All we really had to do in here was paint and put up some new curtains, art work, and TV cabinet.
Here are some before pictures:
 We got rid of that red wall which seemed way too dark for this room.

The kitchenette - got rid of the wallpaper and added fun little knobs that I got from Hobby Lobby.

Here are the after pictures:

I did these pictures myself.  I bought 8x10 frames from Ross on clearance and just added some leftover fabric I had from making the toss pillows on our bed :)  It was so simple.
 


Don't the knobs look awesome?!  I'm really happy with how it turned out.  It looks a lot better and symmetrical now that Daniel added them to the bottom cabinets. Hobby Lobby and 50% off, what could be better?
We sill have to mount the TV and add some kind of art work on either side.  Once we do that,the cabinet will look a little bare, so we'll need to add something. We also need to add decorative things to the shelves in the kitchenette - I'm at a loss right now on what to get.
Stay tuned for further updates on how we decided to decorate more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment