Tuesday, March 26, 2013

8 Months of Hayden!


How in the world is Hayden 8 months already?! 

I find myself babying Hayden more than I did Hadleigh. Now, don’t get me wrong here, I babied Hadleigh.  Some probably think I still baby her in certain ways.  But, this time I’m doing things a little different and I feel like I’m babying her a little more.  I know I want another sibling for them in a couple years, so it isn't my last baby to baby.  Maybe because I know it goes so fast?  Maybe because I know it really isn't going to hinder her in the grand scheme of things?  Maybe because I’m more relaxed about milestones and growing up in general?  Whatever it is, this is what my 8 month old baby is doing these days.

You can compare Hadleigh’s 8 month recap here

Hayden likes her sleep, for sure.  She’s becoming more active so bedtime takes a little longer than before.  She doesn't want to miss anything!  Hayden consistently goes to bed around 8:30pm and sleeps until about 8-8:30am.  She still is sleeping with us in our bed – I’m almost afraid to move her if it means she won’t sleep around 11-12 hours a night!  I will randomly put her in her crib for the night, and she will end up waking to feed around 3 or 4, so I just bring her in bed with us.  It works for us.  I’m not in any rush to push her to the crib, but with her becoming more mobile I’m going to have to.
Hayden still has NO teeth!  She’s been teething for sure, and I always think some are about to come in (on bottom and on top).  But, nothing ever breaks through.  I know they will come in time, so I’m not worried about it.  I’ll enjoy the no teeth, since I still am breastfeeding ;-)

We don’t have a crawler yet, but it’s close!  She started pulling herself up on our ottoman and some of her toys the other week.  She would much rather be standing at any point in the day.  I think it’s motivation for her seeing Hadleigh walk around all the time.  She’s constantly moving and grabbing things.  I’m not sure we will get a break with this one being less active.  Hayden’s been rolling, but it has really picked up in the last week.  It finally clicked that it’s how she can instantly move.  She also just started rocking in the crawling position, but hasn't gotten anywhere yet.  It’s close and I’m excited!  I know I will soon want to eat my words when I have two mobile girls in the house!

Hayden’s personality is coming through too.  She’s definitely determined and doesn't stop until she gets what she wants.  She laughs all the time at Hadleigh and even smiles as soon as she wakes up.  Hadleigh, Daniel, and I are for sure her comfort zones.  When they are at either of our parents’ house, she will cry if Hadleigh isn't in the same room as her.  If she’s at our house, she cries when I’m not in the room with her.   If she knows none of us are around, she is fine.  But, if I’m there – all eyes are on me.  Then Daniel next, and Hadleigh at a close 3rd.  Hayden claps her hands now, which is the cutest!  Its definitely one of the top milestones they get to.

She will eat baby food, but she prefers the puffs and the yogurt bites.  I think she will have a smooth transition to people food.  Recently, I’m not sure if it’s because I feed her (and I have something better she wants = breast milk), she hasn't been too into the baby food.  She will lock her jaw up!  I end up getting her to eat, but sometimes it is not easy.

We love our Hayden Alexis so much!! I honestly cannot wait until she can run around with Hadleigh.  That will be so much fun (and tiring)!



No comments:

Post a Comment