Friday, August 15, 2014

Oh Hey Friday Ramblings!

Oh Hey Friday! I'm linking up with September Farm & The Farmer's Wife again! Here are my random thoughts for today…
1 – I’m not super excited to see Friday 8.15.14 show up.  This is my last day on maternity leave L I start work back up on Monday and I’m less than thrilled about it.  I’ve struggled each time with all the girls, but this time is different.  It’s my last baby and I think I really thought by my 3rd baby that we could work something out to where I could stay home or at least do something part-time.  Part-time would be ideal.  I’m going to miss hanging out with the girls during the day – playing, watching movies, swimming, drawing, and painting.  Maybe one day (hopefully sooner than later) Daniel and I can figure things out to where I can work less hours. 
2 – Last weekend was really fun around these parts!  Friday night we met up with my best friend at a local winery.  They have Fridays on the Patio – where you sip on some wine, have a picnic, and listen to live music.  It’s family and dog friendly, so the girls had a great time going crazy with each other!
3 – Then Saturday night we had a kid-free night to celebrate my 30th birthday.  We had dinner and drinks with friends which was so fun and needed!! It’s always nice to get a night out to be fun and not worry about being “mom” & “dad”.
4 – The girls start a new school on Monday.  I’m so excited, but sad for them at the same time.  It will definitely take some getting used to, but I really think this is the better decision for them (and us) in the long run.  Things will be more structured, more educational, and more communication for me.  And a huge plus is that our cousin and photographer who we love dearly is a teacher at their new school! Woohoo!
5 – I’m trying to get lots and lots of things crossed off my list today and this weekend.  Grocery shopping, new bedtime & routines, hitting up a local consignment sale that goes on twice a year, finishing up going through my clothes and bags – and then taking what I don’t want to a local charity, going to a family get together tomorrow for Daniel’s cousin, and spending as much time with our little family of 5!  I’d love to go antique shopping too, but I think that might be on the list for another weekend.

·        What are your plans for the weekend?
·        How did you guys handle going back to work after maternity leave? 
·        Any ideas or advice on what I can do to have more time at home?
 photo signaturecopy_zps182acb6e.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just found your blog, I'm excited to look around :) Boo to having to go back to work on Monday!! I just had my 3rd so I just started my maternity leave, but I'm pretty sure I won't be going back to work, I hope one day it works out for you!!

    Lizzie
    www.multipurposemama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on baby #3!! Three is definitely crazy! Can't wait to visit your blog :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck on your first day back at work!
    That wine night looks so fun and definitely something I would love to do!

    ReplyDelete