Monday, August 26, 2013

Crock-pot Enchilada Soup {Recipe}

This week I’m sharing my famous Crock-pot Enchilada Soup recipe. Yep, it’s famous- you didn't know?


I love a good crock-pot meal – you throw everything in and leave it there. Stir it occasionally, and it is done by dinner time. My kind of cooking!  I should start this recipe by telling you guys I’m not a measurer. I am when I’m unfamiliar, but if it’s something I’m making myself or trying to copy – I just put in amounts that feel right. I know, that doesn't help you guys out too much. Trust me though, you can’t mess this up. Put the amounts that you feel right about and it will turn out delicious!
 
Ingredients
Package of Ground Turkey/Chicken/Beef or Two Chicken Breasts
1 Can Beef Broth
I can Mexican Corn
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Diced onion (1/2 of one) or Onion powder {I’ve made it both ways}
Garlic Powder {few shakes}
Pepper {Few shakes}
Steak Sauce {few shakes}
Worcestershire {few shakes}
 Chili Powder {Several shakes}
Ground Cumin {Several shakes}

If you find that at the time dinner is served, it’s a little too “soupy” mix a little cornstarch and water together. Then mix into the soup – it will thicken it up a bit.  This will not compromise the taste!

To Serve:
Top with shredded cheese and sour cream.  We eat the soup with Tostitos Scoops instead of a spoon J


ENJOY!

Linking up with Stephanie & Chelsea!
 photo signaturecopy_zps182acb6e.jpg

5 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I LOVE enchiladas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good! I love anything mexican-y :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh wow, that soup looks delicious! And your family looks so cute and happy :) Look forward to following along!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....gotta try this! Pinned for sure! Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! Will have to try once it gets cooler here!

    ReplyDelete