Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hayden is potty trained!!

Yep – our Hayden is potty trained.  She’s been potty trained for a month now, but I’ve been so afraid to officially call it.  I didn't want to say it, then it back fire on me! The whole potty training business was a disaster at first.  We tried going cold turkey over Christmas break and it completely failed.  She was not ready at all.  School continued to try and push it, so they asked for underwear.  A few thoughts went through my mind:
1 – GOOD LUCK!
2 – What? Do you not believe that I’ve tried this and it has completely failed?
3 – Actually, I take that back. She probably will do it 100% for them instead of me.
We didn't have anything to lose, so I sent her in with a ton of underwear and another change of clothes.  I picked her up and the teacher sarcastically said, “It went great!” Oh freaking awesome.  They then told me that Hayden would just sit there in her underwear, pee, and act like NOTHING had happened.  Only my child. So we left the issue alone.  She continued on with pull-ups, but her teachers would ask her if she needed to go potty.  She would sit on the toilet, but wouldn’t pee.
Then she moved up into another class at school and started doing great.  She would go pee for them during the day, but then at night would want a diaper.  That lasted a few days.  A Friday rolled around and she hadn't had any accidents at school, so I decided she was only going to have a pull-up when she went to sleep.  And that was that. 
Hayden has done amazing ever since.  She tells us when she needs to go pee and when she needs to poop. It’s been a lot easier than it was with Hadleigh.  Hadleigh took a while to go poop on the potty, but Hayden rocked it.  Now, we have definitely had some accidents in our house.  Either she has gotten too busy or just not made it to the bathroom in time.  But there hasn't been many.  She still wears a pull-up at night, but most mornings she is still dry!  Woohoo Hayden!  I’m not sure when I’ll feel comfortable enough to let her wear underwear only to bed.  We shall see.  
The big thing I can say is that I only have ONE in diapers.  Which makes me want to dance and cry at the same time.
 photo signaturecopy_zps182acb6e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment