Friday, April 13, 2012

25 Weeks Pregnant

It's been an eventful couple of weeks. We had a doctor visit on 4.2.12 for just a regular check-up. Everything looked great - heart rate was in the upper 150s. I had a really good visit where I brought up a few things that I had been wondering about. I've had a lot of contractions/cramping, so I made sure to tell my doc. She said it was fairly common, but if it got any worse or changed in anyway to call.
Later on that week, I ended up e-mailing my doctor's office because I had some floaters in my vision. I'm pretty familiar with them since I had so many last pregnancy. They only happen when I'm pregnant, and with Hadleigh it usually meant my blood pressure had spiked. I knew to take my blood pressure which was perfect. This time around I will say I'm a little more hesitant to call the doctor on things. Maybe it's a "been there, done that" attitude, or I really just don't want them to start putting me on bed rest (in the hospital). Nothing came of the floaters - they really just told me to start monitoring my blood pressure, but it's been perfect everytime I take it. I really only take it if something warrants me to take it.
Then this week the cramping kept me up most of the night one night, and they were more frequent than normal the next day. I didn't call the doctor until 2 days had passed. They definitely had toned down, but they were still more frequent than what I had experienced prior. She had me come in 4.11.12 in the afternoon. They put me on the monitor - which definitely confirmed me cramping/contracting. So she sent me down to an ultrasound to make sure all was fine with measurements. Babygirl checked out wonderful. She's measuring ahead of schedule by almost a week, she was 1 lb. 13 ounces, and her heart rate was in the 160s :) She's still all girl as I got them to "confirm" again.
GREAT NEWS: The cysts in her brain were gone! Woohoo! Although this exact same thing happened with Hadleigh, I was a little more anxious this time for some reason. Hormones raging I'm sure didn't help. The doctors kept saying "your chances are super low, like 1 in 20,000" but that didn't matter. Someone is that "1" and whose to say that can't be me? We are so grateful for the good news!!
Since the ultrasound came back perfect, my doctor was reassured. My uterus was a little soft, but fully closed. My urine actually came back horrible - showing I have a bladder infection. So for now, we are treating that. Hoping once that is healed the cramping subsides a little. Crossing my fingers - otherwise it's going to be a loooonnnggg 3.5 months!!
All those things aside (ha), everything is well. She is super active almost all day, so it's a great reminder she's doing what she needs to be doing. I go back to the doctor in a month, and then my visits are every other week! Getting closer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment