Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We have so much to be thankful for this year! We have the best family and friends who are for the most part all happy and healthy.  We're especially thankful for our baby girl Hadleigh.  She has brought so much love and happiness into our lives - more than you could ever imagine (unless you have kids).

We started out the day just hanging around and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, getting ready, and baking the 2 dishes I needed to bake for the day.  I made Sweet Potato Casserole and crab dip for Daniel's grandma's house.  I doubled the recipe for the Sweet Potato Casserole and didn't cook it long enough, so it was a little runny but still delicious. The crab dip is always yummy...

Daniel's grandma's house was really nice.  A few of his aunts, uncles, and cousins hadn't seen Hadleigh yet so everyone was excited when we showed up.  She was asleep through lunch, but then woke up all smiles.  It was great - the whole family prctically gathered around her to give her some attention and see the smiles :)  She got to be held by Great Aunt Nicky, Nana, and Great Grandma.  I'm pretty sure they all enjoyed her company.  Nicky got some pictures with her camera, so I'm still waiting on those copies.  My camera looks like it takes clear pictures but the I go to look at them and they're blurry - flippin sweet! (We bought a new camera on black friday online, so I cannot wait to get it in the mail hopefully tomorrow!)  We had a really nice visit and can't wait to share Christmas Eve with them all again!

We left there and went into Ashland to spend the evening with my parents.  They were already eating when we got there - it was my family plus Mike & Lauri.  We weren't too hungry so we visited mostly.  Hadleigh was all smiles again, so Gramps got some really good pictures of her.  It was so nice just relaxing and hanging out with my parents.  Here's some Thanksgiving pictures from my parents house.  I'll add the ones from Daniel's side as soon as I get copies from Nicky!!






No comments:

Post a Comment