Friday, October 12, 2012

Field Day of the Past

Dad had the boys for the day, so we both decided to take all 4 kids to Field Day of the Past.  It's a yearly tradition out in Rockville.  This was actually the first year I had been.  Not sure that I'll make it a yearly thing, but it was nice to get the kids out to something "fun" and out of the norm.  I put "fun" in quotations because Hadleigh didn't think it was all that fun for most of the time we were there.

We've been dealing with some anxiety/separation anxiety with her, so she was immediately whining and clinging.  So bad that she started shaking, my poor baby.  First it was because she wanted to be in the stroller instead of Hayden. (Reason why we now have a double stroller!)  Then she liked the animals from afar, but did NOT like the animals if I even looked like I was going to walk towards them.  I also think the random strangers out there weren't her cup of tea.

I was able to snap a few pictures.  Erik and Jaxson had fun.  Erik and I held some baby chicks that were really cute.  Erik really enjoyed milking the fake cow.  Both boys loved all the tractors and lawn mowers they got to sit on.

After a couple of hours, we decided to take the kids to Chick-fil-a to get some lunch. Jaxson and Hayden hung out with Gramps and I while Erik & Hadleigh went to go play in the kids area.  Needless to say, both girls slept on the way home :)








No comments:

Post a Comment