Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our attempt at celebrating New Years

We had been planning on going out for New Years Eve for a while...it was New Years Eve and Steven's 30th birthday, so we made arrangement for Hadleigh to be staying at Chey, Kelli, and cousin Erik's house for the might.I had gone out earlier that day to get something to wear since I don't have many new clothes.  Before I started getting ready, I drove Hadleigh over to Kelli's.  She was smiling and talking for them.  I get home long enough to get in the shower and blow-dry my hair - then I get a call from Chey.....

Hadleigh is screaming bloody murder in the background!  They said they tried everything - feeding her, changing her, rocking her, cuddling and holding her close to them...everything - and nothing was working.  I hadn't heard her cry like that, so I immediately left the house to drive over there.  As soon as I walked in the door and she heard my voice (or saw me) she was fine.  I picked her up and held her for a bit, but then I gave her back to Kelli so I could get her things together.  She started crying again...

So my guess is she wasn't used to Kelli & Chey or their house and she just wanted her parents cause she's a little spoiled :)  Needless to say, I stayed in with her that night and Daniel ended up going out to celebrate Steven's birthday.  Kelli felt really bad, but it was no biggie! This situation is another reason we think Hadleigh's a little bit of a home-body, so we need to start being better about getting her out of the house - it's just so hard when it's cold and yucky - I can't wait until Spring & Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment