Tuesday, October 8, 2013

State Fair

The VA State Fair was in town last week, so we took Wednesday evening to head out there.  Hadleigh was really excited to go and told me when I picked her up from school that she, Hayden, and I were all wearing our cowboy boots.  Nene & Baba had bought the girls some pink cowboy boots a few days earlier, and Hadleigh is obsessed.  She then told me daddy needed to wear his, but I said “He doesn’t have any.” Hadleigh replied with “That’s ok. Baba will get him some.” Haha

The girls all got our cowboy boots on and were ready to head to the fair! We first stopped in the tent with all of the animals, so the girls could see pigs, chicks, cows, bunnies, and chickens.  Hadleigh wouldn’t touch anything at first because it was “gross”.  She did end up petting a bunny and a chicken.
Next we headed to the kid area for some rides!  Hadleigh and Daniel rode Dumbo and went through both fun houses.  Hadleigh *loved* the fun houses.  I think her favorite part was the slide at the end.  Unfortunately, Hayden was too short to ride the rides, so she just hung out on the side with me.  Hayden grabbed for fish to win some prizes for her & Hadleigh.  She did the work for Hadleigh because, again, the water was “gross”.  She’s funny.

Then we watched the small circus they had which was really good.  They had camels, a belly dancer, a few other acts, and the motorcycles in the metal ball.  That was insane and so dangerous.  Afterwards, Baba bought the girls light sabers and they were so happy! 

This year the fair was a success again! Can’t wait for next year!

 photo signaturecopy_zps182acb6e.jpg

16 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I'd like to go one year, but it needs to be planned in advance since it's a pretty long drive for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It won't be too bad of a drive - and worth it!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fried pickles ;) Glad y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is why i love you! Fried pickles is the way to our hearts <3

      Delete
  3. I'm also pretty obsessed with those fabulous pink cowboy boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I definitely wish I could rock them like they do!

      Delete
  4. We use to go to the Va state fair every year and then when I went to college it never worked out. Finally I graduated and we planned to go- then my mom broke her foot!! There's always next year! Glad you all had fun! Your girls are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so close! Definitely come next year - so fun!

      Delete
  5. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! Such fun pictures (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pink cowboy boots, I couldn't think of a more perfect shoe for the fair ;). and omg, a fried pickle!! How was it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had a fried pickle? If not, you HAVE to - it's my favorite!

      Delete
  7. The NC state fair comes this weekend. I love your pictures, it looks like such a fun time. The fried pickles look delicious. Did they have a lot of other crazy fried food? I think I may have to try something crazy this year, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually surprised to see that there wasn't as much fried food as you would think. They did have a doughnut burger - gross!

      Delete
  8. Looks like you guys had a good time at the state fair! Also love the pink cowboy boots ;)

    ReplyDelete