Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nashville, Tennessee

I had to travel to Nashville for a work conference.  I work in a system called Ariba, so it was a conference put on by them.  It was a nice trip if I set aside the fact that I missed Hadleigh terribly!  I've only been away from her for 24 hours at the most, so being gone from Sunday evening to Wednesday at midnight was hard to say the least.  I got to stay at the Gaylord Opryland Resort which was amazing - it was huge! It definitely felt like it should have been in Vegas...one of the bus drivers told us that it was built on 56 acres!  I had asked if anyone wanted to join since it was a free hotel stay, so Daniel's mom joined me :)  It was a nice time!  During the day I had the conference to attend, but we explored downtown Nashville and the hotel at night.
As we came up on the lobby of the hotel, this was one of the walls
Picture of the lobby
Blown glass in the lobby (I took this for you Kristy!)
As you are walking out of the lobby into the gardens (the wall if lights in background are rooms)
There was a "little town" area where all the shops were in the hotel
The view from outside of our balcony
This was a picture I took during my conference which was held in the Grand Ole Opry House
We hung out in downtown Nashville one afternoon - the bar signs are pretty cool, so that's mostly what I took pictures of.





1 comment:

  1. I love the blown glass and all of the pictures! I'm jealous you got to see Nashville!!... glad you had fun and glad you're home! :)
    -Kristy

    ReplyDelete